A strong, positive company culture impacts company success and client experience by understanding how culture encourages and fosters employee motivation, engagement, commitment, and ultimately, productivity.
A positive company culture fosters employee motivation, engagement, commitment, and productivity. Therefore, it impacts a company and client experience in the following ways:
- A company with a positive culture motivates people to come to work for the company. People choose companies based on their culture and person-organization fit. For example, people will select companies that share their values.
- The ideal company culture has a strong vision and gives employees a sense of purpose in their work. Purpose motivates employees.
- A positive culture engages employees because they feel encouraged and comfortable expressing themselves and voicing their ideas. Engagement gives employees a sense of belonging and pride.
- Positive cultures produce happy clients. A company culture that values employees leads employees to value their clients. Engagement is the employee's emotional commitment to their company and clients. They will engage authentically and deliver a better client experience.
- A strong company culture leads to employee commitment and less turnover. For example, if a company fosters a culture of continuous learning and personal growth, employees view their career as a long-term investment and take pride in it.
- Commitment is not only to the company but to the clients served. Employees are committed to helping their clients get the most out of their experience, such as helping clients reach their goals and stay on track.
- Employee motivation, engagement, and commitment lead to high-performance teams and productivity. For example, unmotivated employees will perform their tasks half-heartedly while motivated employees demonstrate engagement and adherence to company goals and client experience.
- Cultures where employees feel trusted and empowered to make decisions and solve problems, directly and indirectly impact the client experience. For example, when employees feel empowered to act and make decisions, they give the company more time to focus on their clients rather than managing their team.
A company’s success is dependent on various factors, but at the core of success are people and culture. Once a company invests in creating a culture-first work environment, the company and client experience will be directly impacted by the employee motivation, engagement, commitment, and productivity fostered.