LinkedIn is important because it offers multiple opportunities for B2B information and interaction.
Some independent insurance agencies are hesitant to use LinkedIn to enhance their brand and business because of misconceptions that it is only a job search tool, only a business tool, or only a recruiting tool.
LinkedIn offers multiple opportunities for B2B information and interaction. Here is why insurance agencies should use LinkedIn for their agency.
LinkedIn allows agencies to present themselves to clients
As a specialized benefits consultant, communicating with clients beyond offerings like plans and policies, and talking about the improvement of employee benefits leads to things like:
- Better company cultures
- Improved health and wellness of employees
- Improved employee recruitment, retention, and engagement
- Reduced operating costs
- Reduced employee turnover
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Increased employee presenteeism
If these things are not discussed online, agencies are missing an opportunity to convey the extent of their capabilities, what makes them different, and how they are improving the health of their clients.
LinkedIn is a beneficial marketing tool
LinkedIn helps establish agencies as knowledgeable and experienced. Also, when used correctly, LinkedIn:
- Increases brand awareness
- Builds trust and credibility
- Strengthens client relationships
- Expand professional networks
- Introduces people to like-minded industry leaders and potential clients
- Generates interest, curiosity and potential leads
The key here is consistency. Agencies cannot hop on LinkedIn only once every three months and expect it to work. They have to put in the time and effort to make it work.