Insurance agencies should strive to have any events planned a few months in advance.
When it comes to marketing events, it is good to have a plan to follow and stick to. Here is a general timeline to follow for setting up any kind of event:
Eight weeks out
Send a Save the Date teaser. If you have registration open, make this a full invitation and let people register.
Six weeks out
Send a formal invitation with complete details. Include the following:
- Who is speaking
- If there are CE credits
- Where the event is
- The fees involved
- If there will be food included
- Any other details they need to know
- A link to register
Five, four, three, two weeks out
Send follow-up emails to encourage registrations, but be sure these additional notices only go to people who have not yet registered.
One to two weeks out
Send a reminder to keep people interested in the event.
One to two days before
Send a final email with the critical details that answer the following questions:
- Where do I go?
- What time do I need to be there?
Tips for success
- Create a targeted list. Have a clear idea of whom you want to attend.
- Incorporate phone calls and physical drops in this plan to your top targets. The more personalized, the better.
- Use automation if possible. Using an email system like MailChimp or HubSpot makes it easy to send and track.